Blog

Importing from the Philippines

Wednesday 19 April 2017,

East Total Logistics has a lot of experience in importing from Asia. One of the countries our clients imports their products from is the Philippines. The majority of shipments go through the port of Manila. Sea freight and air freight are the most commonly used methods in the Philippines. Because of the infrastructure, transport by rail is not an option on this group of islands.

1,500 PORTS

The internal road networks in the Philippines are of an average standard. Of the 200,000 km of roads in the country, only 20% are paved. The network, containing a high number of waterways, includes 12,000 bridges. 60% of the domestic freight transport goes by land. The remaining 40% by water. The Philippines has over 1,500 ports. The largest container hub ports are Manila, Cebu, Subic Bay and Davao, primarily used for shipping mangoes and fish.

The economy in the Philippines has seen a growth of 6 to 7% each year, despite having endured natural disasters including typhoons. Traditionally, the farming industry has always led the way but in recent years the services and logistics industry has been making up huge ground. The Netherlands is considered to be among the country’s group of primary business partners.

MANILA NORTH HARBOR

The port of Manila has grown enormously in the last couple of years. The Philippines has worked hard to rebuild and modernize Manila North Harbor. Largely due to the economic growth in the country there has been significant investment in facilities and equipment. It also has a state of the art passenger terminal. Unfortunately there is no direct crossing to Europe.

What does East Total do in the Philippines?

East Total Logistics transports products for a variety of clients. For years now, in the Philippines, we’ve been working together with our partners at Seajet Int. Forwarders. They have offices at all the major container hub ports in the Philippines. We primarily transport decoration materials, textiles and chemicals from these ports.
But we also regularly transport special items. For example a T-rex or a triceratops in a container…For one of our clients we had to import life-size dinosaurs and other animals made of polyresin that are to be displayed in theme parks, museums and the leisure industry. In short, the Philippines is an interesting country to do business with.

Back to overview

Read more blogposts

Vacature bij East Total

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Wij zoeken een: logistiek administratief medewerker/assistent expediteur (32-40 uur per week) Als logistiek administratief medewerker/assistent expediteur binnen ons internationaal opererend bedrijf ben je met een klein team verantwoordelijk voor het logistieke proces. Je ondersteunt hierbij de operationele afdeling. Naast voorraadbeheer, aanmaken en archiveren van dossiers zal er ook ruimte zijn voor het organiseren van transporten […]

Read more

Vacature Medewerker Operationele administratie

Monday 15 January 2018

East Total Logistics B.V. – de logistieke dienstverlener gespecialiseerd in zeevracht, luchtvracht, wegtransport en opslag en distributie – groeit en dat is mede te danken aan de inzet, kwaliteiten en gedrevenheid van iedereen die bij ons werkt! Naast een goed salaris biedt East Total Logistics B.V. ook voor individuele kwaliteiten en stimuleert bij het verder […]

Read more
Shipping industry

The shipping industry, 10 facts

Thursday 14 December 2017

The shipping industry, 10 facts Take a look around. Every chair you are sitting on, to the mango you’re eating, it’s mostly made possible by the shipping industry. Shipping is one of the oldest industries in the world. Today, however, it plays as important a role as ever. The shipping industry is complex and there might be […]

Read more